Andouille Chicken Sausage Alfredo With Shrimp
Creamy and delicious Alfredo with sauteed Andouille chicken sausage, shrimp, and peppers.
- 1 pound Andouille chicken sausage, sliced ½ inch thick
- 1 pound unpeeled, jumbo-size fresh shrimp
- 1 16 oz package fettuccine
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 6 ounces pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed (white American
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Peel shrimp, leave tails on and devein. Set aside.
Prepare fettuccine according to package directions, drain, set aside.
Cook sausage in a heavy deep skillet over medium heat 10 minutes or until browned; remove sausage, drain oil. Set sausage aside.
Melt butter in same skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, and cook 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp, set aside.
Add onion and next 5 ingredients, cook, stirring often over medium heat 10 minutes.
Stir in Cajun seasoning and flour. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly 2-3 minutes.