Grilled Chicken Salad with Fresh Seasonal Berries
Fresh fruit salad topped with chicken and variety of fresh, seasonal berries and pomegranate seeds.
Makes 4 salads.
A simple Honey Lemon Vinaigrette will compliment the fresh berries and crisp Romaine lettuce.
- 4 CHEF’S CRAFT® Sous Vide Chicken Breast Fillets
- 2 heads of Romaine lettuce
- 2 cups strawberries, tops removed and sliced into quarters
- 1 cup of another seasonal berry, such as blackberry or raspberry
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 pomegranate, cleaned and seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper, fresh cracked, to taste
- Salt, to taste
Open up the packages of the CHEF'S CRAFT® Chicken Breast.
Slice the breast and reserve for plating. Please note that the chicken breast may also be served heated — just follow the reheating instructions on the package and then plate using this same recipe.
Zest the lemon before juicing the lemon.
Combine the zest, lemon juice, honey and mustard in a mixing bowl using a wire whisk.
Slowly and gradually add the olive oil.
Taste the vinaigrette and add black pepper and salt to your personal taste.
Cut the Romaine lettuce into bite-size pieces. Reserve for plating.
Layer each bowl with lettuce.
Attractively place the chicken, berries, mango and cucumber atop the Romaine.
Drizzle Honey Lemon Vinaigrette over each salad.
Garnish each salad with pomegranate seeds.