Tuscan Chicken Pasta
Prep Time - 10 minutes
Cook Time - 20 minutes
Makes 4 servings.
- 6 cups cooked penne (12 ounces dried penne)
- 1 package CHEF’S CRAFT® Breaded Chicken Chunks, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces baby spinach
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Kosher salt
Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
Add onion, season with Kosher salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, approximately 5-6 minutes.
Add garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and Italian seasoning and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute.
Add broth and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan.
Stir in heavy cream and parmesan cheese and bring to a slow simmer.
Add baby spinach and cherry tomatoes and cook, maintaining a slow simmer for approximately 4-6 minutes until reduced to sauce consistency.
During the last minute of cooking, add cooked penne and stir.
Top with breaded chicken chunks and serve immediately.