Quick & Easy Family Meals: Chicken Supreme Pizza
by Jenni Ward, Food Blogger at The Gingered Whisk
In a search for lunches that are both quick and easy and delicious, we have been turning to Chef’s Craft Grilled Chicken Breast Chunks to help prepare delicious meals in no time.
I love a good homemade pizza recipe, especially if it's one you can quickly put together. My Chicken Supreme Pizza has a great selection of toppings - green peppers, red onions, mushrooms, black olives, oregano, and of course - great chicken!
It's got color, texture, and lots of flavors that go together well. And, it is so quick to prepare, with the thanks of a few grocery store shortcuts, and is simple enough that kids can help you make it.
This recipe is a perfectly quick recipe you can make for lunch or a quick dinner. We love it for the really busy nights when we need something quick, but we probably enjoy it for a quick lunch during the day even more! It's perfect for homeschoolers and virtual learning, as it can be made quickly with little effort. It is perfect for kids to help you make, too!
Try it with either pre-made naan or make your own sourdough naan!
How to Make Homemade Chicken Supreme Pizza
Here is a quick overview of how to make the pizza*:
- Assemble the ingredients you need and prepare the produce.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare two baking trays by lining them with parchment paper.
- Place the naan on the prepared baking tray.
- Spoon the pizza sauce on the naan flatbread, taking it almost all the way to the edge.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the sauce.
- Evenly sprinkle the onions, peppers, olives, and mushrooms over the cheese.
- Top each naan pizza with several grilled chicken breast chunks (I like using five, but you do you).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the chicken and naan are hot and the cheese is melted.
- Allow to sit for 1 minute before slicing and enjoying.
*Recipe Hint: I find that working with both the chicken nuggets and the naan from frozen works really well, so that everything is perfectly heated the same time the cheese is melted. You can also heat the chicken halfway and use thawed naan.
How to Prep this Recipe Ahead
My naan pizza is a quick meal is fast and easy to make, but if you want to make it even faster, here are some simple ways you can prepare ahead:
- Slice the red onions, peppers, and mushrooms ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Use prepared pizza sauce and pre-shredded pizza cheese from the grocery dairy section.
- Use Chef’s Craft Gourmet Chicken Grilled Breast Chunks from the freezer section of either Walmart or Food Lion.
Kids in the Kitchen: How Your Kids Can Help You Cook
Pizza is a great recipe to make with kids because it gives them the confidence and independence to create their own meals. This recipe is great to practice knife skills, spreading, and evenly distributing toppings.
- Kids aged 1-3 can help you spread the pizza sauce, sprinkle on the cheese, and add on toppings.
- Kids aged 4-6 can do everything above plus help you slice the mushrooms and peppers.
- Kids aged 7-10+ can help you do everything above, plus help you carefully slice the red onions and cut the pizza into slices.
Click here to get the recipe for my Chicken Supreme Pizza—you will make it over and over again!
About the Author:
Jenni Ward is an Iowa mama of three and blogs at The Gingered Whisk. She is passionate about raising kids who are adventurous eaters through quick and healthy weeknight meals inspired by global cuisine!